Kanu Equipment celebrated the success another financial year at their Annual Awards Ceremony, held on the 11th of July 2018, at Elephant Hills, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
Honorary guests included; Shareholder representatives from Adenia and Phatisa as well as international suppliers. The CEO of Kanu Equipment, Mr Stephen Smithyman, delivered a few inspirational words after the ‘Diamond Minds’ motivational video was screened.
The ceremony commenced with the announcement of the highly anticipated Little Bird Award nominations. Said Stephen, ‘The Little Bird Award recognises staff members for their courage, dedication and determination as well as their representation of our brand’s values. With these values we are able to deliver on our promise of ‘Experience the Support’ offering service excellence and support to our customers and fellow colleagues.
This years’ nominees were recognised for their hard work, integrity, pleasant attitude and going above their call of duty;
- Tendai Tembo (Zimbabwe)
- Zara Rubenstein (Zimbabwe)
- Moffat Enapu (Botswana)
- Queen Malesela (Botswana)
- Keresepe Lebetwa (Botswana)
- Christopher Mengo (Tanzania)
- James Kibogo (Kenya) (Nominee 2017)
- Zena Juma (Kenya)
- Raoul Tatchou (Cameroun)
- Viviane Mapakoud (Congo)
- Marie Anderson (Ivory Coast)
- Vafie Tarawally (Sierra Leone)
- Mohamed Marrah (Sierra Leone)
- Sheilk Sheriff (Liberia)
- Sampson Offei (Ghana)
- Josias Machaba (South Africa)
Kanu Equipment’s Managing Directors representing 13 countries were present to accept the diamond trophies on behalf of the nominees.
Certificates were also awarded to the following staff members in recognition of their Significant Contribution throughout the year;
- Warren Mukundo (Zimbabwe)
- Tonderai Masikati (Zimbabwe)
- Mosimanegape Kebopetswe (Botswana)
- David Legge (Tanzania)
- Calisile Mcanyana (Sierra Leone)
- Jean Ouattara (Ivory Coast) (Nominee 2017)
The Honorary Little Bird Award was given to Delyse van Breda this year and Special Awards were handed to Alan Dunsmuir and Colin Koch in appreciation of their Significant Contribution to the Group throughout the year.
The following Main Awards were handed to the countries in celebration of their outstanding performance and market development;
- Spares Sales Dealer of the Year: Ghana
- Emerging Market Spares Dealer of the Year: Namibia
- Maintenance Support Dealer of the Year: Botswana
- Equipment Sales Dealer of the Year: Botswana
- Emerging Market Equipment Sales Dealer of the Year: Kenya
- Rental Dealer of the Year: Sierra Leone
- Dealer of the year: Sierra Leone
Additionally, international suppliers showed their support to the Kanu team by handing over further awards.
Congratulations to all the nominees and winners, we look forward to seeing some new entrants in the upcoming year!